5 minutes per speaker. 20 slides each. 15 seconds per slide. Auto-advancing.
Interested? Apply here.
Thinking about speaking? Here are some tips:
– Be geeky about your subject.
– Go beyond just entertaining.
– Teach something, but not too much. (Just 5 minutes!)
– Be qualified on your topic.
– Don’t talk about just yourself.
– Don’t pitch. Seriously. No logos, URLs etc.
– Keep it appropriate. Nothing below the belt.
Still thinking about speaking? Here are the rules:
1. Static slides, only. No audio/video allowed.
2. Your topic teaches something of social value.
3. Your topic doesn’t take cheap shots.
4. Your topic is an original presentation (no repeats).
5. You are not pitching or promoting your business.
6. You actually prepared for this craziness.
7. You have not blown off the organizers e-mails.
8. You have not told any of the organizers to fuck off, recently.
9. You did not speak at the last IgniteDFW event.
Rules may vary according to venue, mood, astronomical data, and taste. Event organizers have final say on speakers. (See rule #8.)